Spread the word ... Spread The Recipe is all about sharing tried and true family favourites, from my kitchen to your's. Enjoy!!!

December 13, 2011

Lesley's Feta Spread

I remember the first time I tried this spread, I was surprised by the amount of flavour in something that looked so unassuming!  This mixture is packed with tangy, garlicy flavour and has made frequent appearances at our Goodberry Family Christmas parties over the past few years.  It definitely doesn't fall into the category of light or low calorie but who's counting during the holiday season anyway????

Ingredients
1 cup of butter
1 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
1 pkg of cream cheese, softened
2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed (I say the more, the better!!!)

Combine the ingredients until well blended. 
This will make a large enough batch to be divided .... serve one and freeze the other for the next get together!
Serve with crackers and a breath mint ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment