Spread the word ... Spread The Recipe is all about sharing tried and true family favourites, from my kitchen to your's. Enjoy!!!

December 24, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding ... Better known as Yorkies

No British Christmas dinner is complete without a mountain of Yorkshire Puddings to add to your plate and douse with gravy!  I had never made Yorkies before but contacted a high school friend who had posted about her mum's on facebook, I made them for the first time this past Thanksgiving and I will never have another turkey dinner without them!  I think it was what sealed the deal for Steve and I .... he asked me to marry him about a month before my yorkie success but I think it still scored me some brownie points! 
Share these with your family this holiday season, from the Switzer family to me and now from me to you!



Ingredients
1 cup of milk
1 cup of flour
2 eggs
1/4 tsp of salt

Preheat oven to 450
Mix salt and flour together
Add milk to form a smooth paste
Add eggs and beat for 2 minutes
Grease muffin pan with roast drippings and place in the oven and heat up until the pan is hot and starting to slightly smoke
Pour mixture into the muffin cups, approximately 1/2 inch deep
Place in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, decreasing the heat as the baking is accomplished

Thanks Amy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment