Spread the word ... Spread The Recipe is all about sharing tried and true family favourites, from my kitchen to your's. Enjoy!!!

January 13, 2012

Erdinger Weibbier & Erdinger Dunkel ... aka 'Dinger & Dunkle

Okay, I admit it ... I am straying from my theme of family recipes by discussing beer ... but this blog is also about all things tried and true so it only seems fitting that I open a section on beer.

Yes I am Canadian, but I am not a fan of many Canuck brews, unless of course it is a full bodied beer that comes from a quaint microbrewery that deserves a nod not only for the quality of craftsmanship, but also for incorporating beer into a money making venture.  Brilliant as far as I am concerned!

There are many types of beer that are on my list of favourites and while Guinness is my "go-to/must have" I thought I would introduce a lesser known beer that is tops on my list ... Erdinger Weibbier.  I refer to this unique beer simply as "Dinger", a quality wheat beer that is brewed in accordance with the traditional Bavarian Purity Law.  It is a bottle fermented brew that has visible sediment in each bottle but if poured properly you are left with something quite extraordinary.  This is the champagne of wheat beers in my opinion and stands in a class all it's own.
Visit http://www.erdinger.de/en/erdinger-weissbier-products/beer/weissbier.html


'Dinger's equally tasty Uncle is a dark wheat beer that also follows strict brewing traditions while using different ingredients to produce a darker, spicier flavor.  As in all dark beer, malt is used to add colour and flavour.  Keep in mind that this is also a bottle fermented beer that can leave less than desirable particles floating in your brew.  Be sure to pour Dinger and Dunkel into a tall glass leaving about an inch of beer in the bottle, swirl it around a few times and pour the remainder into your glass.  The result is a gorgeous tall beer ... pretty enough for a picture!  Full of flavour this is sure to never disappoint.  My dad and I have been enjoying this beer for a couple of years now and I have a cousin who even refers to him as "Dunkel John" .... kinda funny :)  Cheers!!!

Visit http://www.erdinger.de/en/erdinger-weissbier-products/beer/dark.html

No comments:

Post a Comment